Sunday, May 9, 2010

6 Months!

Will I forever be apologizing for updating this blog so late? Looks like it! Oh well, here are the stats from Ellie's 6 month appointment.
She is still a small baby, weighing in at 13 1/2 lbs and stretching out to 25 inches. She is in the 8th percentile for her weight and 24th percent for height. Tall and thin! Now that she is eating solids (and loving meal time!) I wonder how quickly she'll start packing on the pounds.
Speaking of solids, so far she loves carrots and sweet potatoes and just makes the funniest faces while eating squash. She's being polite to her mama, but really I can tell that she doesn't much like the squash. Next we'll move on to the green vegetables, so look forward to adorable pictures with green goo all over her face!
Ellie has gotten really good at sitting and playing with toys. Every now and then when she wants something that is out of reach she will pitch forward and catch herself before falling and get into the crawling position. If you blink you'll miss it though, because she's still pretty content to just be on her belly. She's able to turn herself in a full 360, and if she can't reach something that she really wants she'll probably roll herself towards it so she can get it. There is a good chance she'll just go for something closer too. She's not too picky when it comes to playing with toys.

Ellie and I are very ready for summer! We're looking forward to walking on the river trail, fun play dates with friends, and pool dates with Daddy on Fridays. It's a great life!

1 comment:

  1. Ellie is a beauty! Thanks for the 6 month update -- I appreciate all the info about Ellie and all the photos.

    ReplyDelete