Tuesday, August 3, 2010

July in Review

Where do I even start?? It feels like it's been so long since I've written an update, so I'm struggling to catch up where I left off. Ellie's been doing so much growing and learning, sometimes it feels like we have a new little one in our house. No longer a baby, but not quite a toddler yet. I love this in between stage - watching her absorb the world around her is such a treat!

Ellie's first 4th of July was spent in an unusual place for our family. . . at home!! Julie and Doug drove in from Phoenix for a little respite from the heat, and we had a great weekend full of hiking, catching up, and lots of laughter. We had a last minute BBQ with some great friends, and I loved having a houseful of little ones! It has been so great having friends with little ones so close in age with Ellie, not to mention how lucky we feel to have two cousins so close in age with Ellie. She is one lucky girl!

The weekend after the 4th we took Ellie camping for the first time. I have to admit that I was a little nervous about it, but I had no reason to be! She did great, and we all had a fantastic time. We hope to go again!

For David's birthday three years ago I gave him a coupon book full of fun things for us to do together. I'm embarrassed to say it, but one of those gifts we never got around to actually doing was a horseback ride together. Finally, we had the time during the summer to go and do it!! My parents watched Ellie, so went to Rapp Corral to seize the day. We had such a great time!!

Just after Ellie's 9 month birthday we hit the road for VA Beach. What a great trip! Ellie got to meet almost all of her Great Aunts and Uncles on David's Dad's side of the family. She was smitten with her Great-Nana! Highlights for Ellie included watching the waves, crunching on the sand, and playing with her cousin Leo. (We tried to keep the sand eating to a minimum, but she was just fascinated!) We are already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun to share in Ellie's 1st beach vacation. She loved the beach --seems like the ocean & Ellie are soul mates.

    ReplyDelete