Now that they baby is considered full term (at 37 weeks - yay!), I feel like the countdown has really started to tick more loudly. We've enjoyed getting some great advice from friends and family who have recently started their families, and this weekend we were happy to check one thing off the list. . . a date night before the baby is born!
After a full day of cleaning (don't worry mom, I didn't use any harsh chemicals), we treated ourselves to a date night. My parents turned us on to a restaurant in town called Randy's and it is our new favorite restaurant! The food is amazing, and sometimes more importantly, the service is always top notch. We branched out and tried the bruschetta for our appetizer, and it was such a great combination of flavors. . . Here is the description from their menu: Toasted baguette, port wine goat cheese, green apple, pickled red onions, served with a roasted garlic bulb. Not really your typical bruschetta. . . it was so much better!!
Dinner was also very special, more because of the company than the food though. David had been listening (sympathetically) to all of my complaints while cleaning, and he wanted to brighten my mood. While in Houston a few weeks ago he found a necklace that he wanted to give me to commemorate our first baby's birth. He patiently waited for the right time to give the necklace to me, all the while hiding the necklace in different places so I wouldn't find it while moving. I wanted to document the James Avery description of this necklace here, just in case I lose the card (pregnancy brain is serious stuff).
From James Avery:
A Mother's Love
Being a mother means you worry, give, teach, nurture and love more than you ever thought possible. It also means that your life is rich beyond measure. Through all the trials and tribulations of growing up, somehow children manage to reach adulthood. Children move in and out of your life so quickly, it seems, but one place they stay forever is in your heart.
I love this gift for so many reasons, but mostly because it so perfectly captures and embodies those feelings in our lives right now. Thank you so much David for everything you do, all of the support you constantly give, and for being such an amazing husband, friend, and father. I am so glad we were able to squeeze in a date night before the baby is born!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your welcome! You are doing great and now hopefully you will now have anoher "focus" object to use while we are going through the labor and birth process (I now know they are two distinct different things, birthing class has been very informative for me!)...
ReplyDeleteThat is really sweet! Y'all are going to be great parents!
ReplyDelete