Monday, August 10, 2009

Moving Right Along. . .

Wow, thirty one weeks. . . That sure does seem like a long time to have been pregnant, especially when time seems to be flying by.

I haven't given an update on the baby's growth recently, so for those inquiring minds this one is for you. This week the baby measures over 16 inches long, and weighs over 3 pounds. The fruit/veggie that is comparable is about 4 navel oranges or a squash. The baby can turn his/her head from side to side, and the arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as fat begins to accumulate underneath the skin.

The baby is definitely moving a lot, and if whoever is near me looks quickly enough they will catch the action as well. I'm sleeping ok, but not as well as I had been just a few weeks ago.

We've signed up for our childbirth classes, and look forward to them starting in a few weeks. We'll also be touring the birthing center at the hospital one of these days. I feel so lucky to have such a great facility right here at home!
Here I am in Viginia for my 30th week - that belly is getting big!

1 comment:

  1. It does seem like the time has gone by so fast, some exciting weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete