Since I've been pretty bad about updating this blog so far, I thought I'd catch you up on the current baby stats and a little bit about what I've experienced so far.
Apparently the websites that provide the statistics really like to compare the baby's size with fruits and vegetables. This week the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, or about the size or a bell pepper or sweet potato. The baby passes the time yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. I've been noticing some movement in my stomach - nothing very forceful, but little flutters.
The first four months of pregnancy were pretty tough on my stomach and energy levels. The first time I was sick was in my 6th week, and that continued through the 14th week. I'm so relieved to finally be keeping every meal down. I've noticed that my energy has been coming back recently as well. I'm sure David is happy to finally be eating well again! The last thing I wanted to do for a long time was cook or even go grocery shopping, but he was really understanding. I'm sure Sonic will miss seeing us once a week!
Sleep has been interesting lately. . . some nights I sleep really well, and other nights I just toss and turn. In the past I could sleep through a tornado without waking up, so waking up every couple of hours is something new for me. I'm grateful to have ample time to get ready for it before the baby comes in October.
I'm still wearing my old clothes, with one important addition: the BellaBand! I wear it every day, and it feels so comfortable. I know I'll have to start wearing maternity clothes eventually, but it's really nice to wear my favorite jeans when I want to.
Now that you are all caught up, here is the most recent belly picture:
Apparently the websites that provide the statistics really like to compare the baby's size with fruits and vegetables. This week the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, or about the size or a bell pepper or sweet potato. The baby passes the time yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. I've been noticing some movement in my stomach - nothing very forceful, but little flutters.
The first four months of pregnancy were pretty tough on my stomach and energy levels. The first time I was sick was in my 6th week, and that continued through the 14th week. I'm so relieved to finally be keeping every meal down. I've noticed that my energy has been coming back recently as well. I'm sure David is happy to finally be eating well again! The last thing I wanted to do for a long time was cook or even go grocery shopping, but he was really understanding. I'm sure Sonic will miss seeing us once a week!
Sleep has been interesting lately. . . some nights I sleep really well, and other nights I just toss and turn. In the past I could sleep through a tornado without waking up, so waking up every couple of hours is something new for me. I'm grateful to have ample time to get ready for it before the baby comes in October.
I'm still wearing my old clothes, with one important addition: the BellaBand! I wear it every day, and it feels so comfortable. I know I'll have to start wearing maternity clothes eventually, but it's really nice to wear my favorite jeans when I want to.
Now that you are all caught up, here is the most recent belly picture:
I can't wait to see how it keeps growing!
Look at Baby Simcik grow!!! You are starting to show - that is so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou are so adorable! I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful! Congratulations! You look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I can't wait to see you and David on Memorial Day Weekend. And I'm so glad you have posted a blog! Love, Joanne/Granny Jo
ReplyDelete